015/365: Grain-Free, Flour-Free Pupcakes
We took the pups to the park to celebrate and since I had nothing much to do, I decided to make dog friendly cupcakes. It was such a joy to see how well these turned out since I didn’t use any type of flour. All the pups loved them.
See below for recipe.
I’ve gone crazy and even started dehydrating fruits and vegetables. I’m hoping the pups will gobble these up as treats instead. Cheaper and healthier. I’ve given them taste tests and they all seem to enjoy them.
Grain-Free, Flour-Free Pupcakes
Yield: 4 pupcakes
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter*
- 1/2 apple, finely chopped**
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt***
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Set oven to 350° and grease (or use liners) cupcake tins.
- Mix all pupcake ingredients together until smooth.
- Fill cupcake tins with batter and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Mix frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Cool pupcakes on a wire rack before frosting.
* People tend to use creamy but I only had crunchy on hand and it still worked fine.
** Other ingredients such as carrots and sweet potatoes will work fine as well.
*** Yogurt might upset your pup. My pups seem to be okay with it. If you do use Greek yogurt, keep in mind to use plain as it’s better than the flavoured ones.