Late night craving to bake equals too late for a run to the store. Knowing a box of red velvet cake mix was available in my pantry, I surfed the web for a non-traditional cake and cupcake method and landed on cake-like cookies!
The outside is crunchy and the inside is a little chewy. A perfect cookie. Mmmmm! My family gobbled it all up – thank goodness.
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix (Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- confectioners sugar (optional)
- Prep baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix eggs, cake mix, and oil.
- Using a melon scooper, scoop and roll the dough with your hands.* Flatten it out and put a few chocolate chips in the center. Roll it back up and place onto the cookie sheet. (If you prefer, you can put chocolate chips in after mixing the dough instead of doing the rolling, flattening, rolling method.)
- Bake approximately 15 minutes. Cookies are finished when you can slide them without the bottoms sticking to the baking sheet. If you want, sift some confectioners sugar on top right when it comes out of the oven so it sticks.
*I got 22 cookies using my melon scooper.